Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Retreat to haven

"Loving me ain't easy, loving me is hard
I'm sorry about the madness, but that's the way it's gotta be
'Cause it takes a crazy woman to love a reckless man like me
I'm reckless, so reckless
God, save me from this madness"

- Reckless

I stopped listening to KPop these few days and resort to my faithful old English rock songs; Switchfoot, Papa Roach, Simple Plan and Good Charlotte (though the last 1 I rarely hear). I hear Switchfoot and Papa Roach all of the time.

Remember these lines from Lonely Nation?:

"Singing without tongues
Screaming without lungs
I want more than my lonely nation
I want more than my lonely nation
Desperate we are young, separate we are one
I want more than my desperation
I want more than my lonely nation
"

- I don't get the bold line. *meh*

And here's my favourite lines from We Are One Tonight:

"I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened before"

Enough Switchfoot. How bout Papa Roach? I like everything in Forever. Every lines were so meaningful. But the best will still be Scars:

"I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
And my weakness is that I care too much
And our scars remind us that the past is real
I tear my heart open just to feel
"

Another from What Do You Do?:

"I got a one-way ticket on a hell-bound train
With nothing to lose and nothing to gain
Nobody ever taught me how to live
I'm feeling like I'm lost- like I'll never be found
I'm twisted and I'm turned around
Nobody ever taught me how to love"


And I realised that every songs from Papa Roach are significant and meaningful. Gosh I love rock songs! Check them out if you're not a rock song avid fans....... yet.

"My heart is a fist drenched in blood
My soul will fight again
My heart is a fist drenched in blood
My soul will rise again"

- My Heart Is A Fist

No comments: